Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's stating to look a lot like school

Wow, the first day of school is just around the corner. I'm completely ready for some things and way not ready for others.

Things I'm ready for:

1. No more staff development for a while. I'm tired of looking at data or listening to speakers who like to talk more about their accomplishment than helping the students or give me and the other CATE teachers no help with guiding our PLC.

2. To actually know my schedule for next week. As Mr. V is still interviewing teachers for the FCS position, I still don't know if I my schedule will be plan A or plan B. We're hoping for plan A which allows me to be a part-time campus technology coordinator. However as Mr. V refuses to just hire a warm body, and instead actual wants a professional teacher, I guess I can wait to find out my schedule.

3. My mom coming in on Thursday.


Things I'm NOT ready for:

1. Aubrie starting school!!! Yes, Aubrie is finally starting Kindergarten this year. We went clothes shopping on Monday and she cannot wait to wear her new clothes. She is scared since she has been at the same daycare since she was 2. Aubrie is so ready to move on, sometimes she acts like she should be in 3rd grade. We meet her teacher Thursday evening

2. Tax-free weekend. I'm staying as far away from the malls and wal-mart as I can this weekend.

3. School supply shopping. Hopefully this will go okay, I haven't had time to shop but am going to try hard to get Aubrie's items before Saturday!!!


Good luck to the rest of the teachers out there.

Good luck to the parents sending thier kids off to school for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment